I'm not sure if this will even make sense...
The other day I came across a Peace Corps ad while flipping through an entertainment magazine my family sent me. It was a photo of a Namibian village (which at first glance I thought was Senegalese) and the PC slogan “Life is calling. How far will you go?” This may sound funny but I think for a while I may have forgotten I am a Peace Corps. Volunteer.
I’ve been here for a little more than four months and I finally feel integrated. I know that I’m a PCV, but living here, making friends, working and having my daily routine has really made my time feel more like time in a new home rather than part of any kind of service. Now that I live here and I’m not moving all over the place I feel settled in and I like it. I remember being back in the States and thinking about how cool the Peace Corps. would be. Sometimes I guess it’s just hard to believe I actually took this huge leap of faith and moved so far from my family and everything I know, but given the choice again I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
This is a short entry and I know I’ve been slacking but I just wanted to let everyone know things are going well! Sometimes it’s a challenge but I like a challenge, so everything is working out just fine.
Some More Books I’ve Read:
Gone With the Wind: A
The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc: B, Pretty damn funny!
Girl, Interrupted: C+, I wasn’t a huge fan but it wasn’t horrible.
My Sister’s Keeper: B+, definitely an interesting and easy read.
The Secret Life of Bees: B+, Good book.
Pride and Prejudice: B, I was really excited to read it and couldn’t really get into it. I wasn’t a huge fan.
I also want the thank Lara and Aunt Joanie again for sending me some AWESOME stuff!!! I love you! Everyone is jealous of how much my family CLEARLY loves me more than theirs love them!! hehe, Just kidding about that last part but they definitely are jealous of all my goodies!
I’ve been here for a little more than four months and I finally feel integrated. I know that I’m a PCV, but living here, making friends, working and having my daily routine has really made my time feel more like time in a new home rather than part of any kind of service. Now that I live here and I’m not moving all over the place I feel settled in and I like it. I remember being back in the States and thinking about how cool the Peace Corps. would be. Sometimes I guess it’s just hard to believe I actually took this huge leap of faith and moved so far from my family and everything I know, but given the choice again I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
This is a short entry and I know I’ve been slacking but I just wanted to let everyone know things are going well! Sometimes it’s a challenge but I like a challenge, so everything is working out just fine.
Some More Books I’ve Read:
Gone With the Wind: A
The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc: B, Pretty damn funny!
Girl, Interrupted: C+, I wasn’t a huge fan but it wasn’t horrible.
My Sister’s Keeper: B+, definitely an interesting and easy read.
The Secret Life of Bees: B+, Good book.
Pride and Prejudice: B, I was really excited to read it and couldn’t really get into it. I wasn’t a huge fan.
I also want the thank Lara and Aunt Joanie again for sending me some AWESOME stuff!!! I love you! Everyone is jealous of how much my family CLEARLY loves me more than theirs love them!! hehe, Just kidding about that last part but they definitely are jealous of all my goodies!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home