delicious ambiguity...

Trials and tribulations of a young American woman in search of adventure in Senegal...

Name:
Location: Senegal

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Funny Little Something...

Let me preface this story with the fact that the majority of people here in Senegal rely upon bucket baths for most personal hygeine needs. I understand that eventually, I too may rely upon the bucket bath... HOWEVER, for the time being I choose to use the showers at our training center to wash my hair and use the bucket only for body washing when I wont have access to a shower. This said...

I got to the center early Monday morning to shower and change quickly into my clean clothes so I wouldnt be late for breakfast (even though I dont really eat). Long story short, a couple of minutes after getting dressed I felt something in my pants and a little lizard ran out! I know, I know, thats totally gross.. but the crazier part is that I didnt even freak out! I DIDNT FREAK OUT(can you believe that?!). I actually thought it was sort of funny. The Africa experience has already changed me for the better...


PS! I GOT A PHONE!!!! You can call me any time after 2pm your time and any time Saturdays or Sundays... I am four hours ahead of you East Coast folk... zitht he country code and all the number is 0112213000302

miss you all!!! especially you poppy!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Ash,

I would have been freaking out -- I hate bugs and insects. I can't believe you are acclimating so well to such a tremendously unique culture. Stay safe.

-Alex

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll call

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll call

xaderfos greece

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh,
I will send your care pkg 10/10. Please let me know when you receive it if possible. I hope I'm not too late. Also, hope you are doing great. I look forward to your next blog. On the Travel Channel there are two upcoming programs about Africa. I can't wait to watch. I hope one is about near where you are. Africa is huge as you know.
Love, aunt Cleo xox

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have stories. you know u miss my stories. They are building up! I feel like i need to keep a blog for you so that when u return you'll be up to date with stories.
homecoming for example....see facebook for that one.

MISS YOU!
Campbell

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Amo. I will register so I can leave notes soon..but I just wanted to say WOAH! to the lizard event... totally random and funny!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home