delicious ambiguity...

Trials and tribulations of a young American woman in search of adventure in Senegal...

Name:
Location: Senegal

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Chemicals... yummy

A fascinating fact about the country I'll be living in for the next two years: ALL the water in Senegal is considered contaminated.

For this reason, a portion of our training in health and safety will focus on the importance of chemically treating all water before drinking or utilizing to clean foods. In our Peace Corps. Welcome Book it actually says that if your water doesn't taste like chemicals you haven't used enough for the water to be safe for use or consumption. I don't know about you all but chemicals sound delicious to me!!

Boy oh boy... I wish my bags weren't completely full because I know I'll need some crystal light "to go" packets for the yummy chemicals I'm going to be drinking every day.. ehm ehm.. hint hint

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that be lemon flavor or orange?

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh,
I stopped crying today around noon. What a big move! We will keep in touch. All of the Hoeys are thinking of you. Aunt Barbara

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... is the chemical water going to be a step up or down from Keansburg water? Just kidding. I don't drink German tap water. Have fun though. It'll be a little hard at first but you'll be fine. I'll talk to you soon!!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home